The math section of the ATI TEAS can be daunting for many test-takers. The Smart Edition Academy editorial team sits through the ATI TEAS several times a year to be sure we provide the most accurate and up to date study materials. Watch our what is on the math section of the ATI TEAS video below to find out everything you need to know to pass the MATH section of the ATI TEAS.
Things to know about the ATI TEAS Math Section
There are 36 questions on the ATI TEAS math portion of the test and you have 54 minutes to complete the section.
If you’re taking your ATI TEAS test online, a 4-function calculator will be added to your screen.
If you’re taking your ATI TEAS test in person, a 4-function calculator will be provided to you.
Your scores are available immediately.
If you finish a section of the test early, you can go to the next section. However, your unused time does not carry over to other sections.
What’s On the ATI TEAS Math Section?
- Numbers and Basic Operations
- Basic Addition and Subtraction
- Basic Division and Multiplication
- Order of Operations
- Decimals and Fractions
- Addition and Subtraction of Fractions
- Multiplication and Divison of Fractions
- Ratios, Proportions, and Percentages
- Equations with One Variable Such as Linear Equations
- Solving Real-World Mathematical Problems
- Powers, Exponents, Roots, Radicals with Polynomials
- Standards of Measure
- Interpreting Graphics Such As Line and Bar Graphs
- Similarity, Right Angles, Triangles
Formulas To Know for the ATI TEAS
- Volume Conversions
- Length Conversions
- Weight Conversions
- Temperature Conversions
- Order of Operations (P.E.M.D.A.S)
- Finding Area of 2D Objects
- Finding Volume of 3D Objects
- Finding Area of a Circle
- Turning Fractions into Decimals
- Rate of Change
- 1 Variable Linear Equations
Math Terms To Know for the ATI TEAS