Nurse Melissa recently did a live Zoom with 100 ATI TEAS test takers for a ATI TEAS Study Guide session going over the Cardiovascular System. Below we have provided the replay, review notes, visuals, and free flashcards.
These ATI TEAS flashcards and visuals come from Smart Edition Academy’s TEAS Test Prep Course. The ATI TEAS Online Course includes 50+ lessons, 100+ videos, 400+ flashcards, 8 practice tests, 1,300+ detailed answer explanations, and a money-back guarantee.
Lastly, to study along with these materials, be sure to watch the replay of ATI TEAS Study Guide Cardiovascular System Review with Nurse Melissa.
ATI TEAS Study Guide: Cardiovascular System
Summary from ATI TEAS Online Course
- Blood is a type of connective tissue composed of formed elements, plasma, and other substances.
- Erythrocytes, leukocytes, and thrombocytes are the formed elements that make up blood.
- Blood transports substances throughout the body, regulates physiological processes, and protects the body.
- There are four common blood groups that are determined by inherited differences in antigens on red blood cells.
- Agglutination, or clumping, can be used to help interpret the blood type of a blood sample.
- The cardiovascular system circulates blood throughout the body in a closed loop structure.
- The heart is a muscular organ with four chambers: two atria and two ventricles.
- Deoxygenated blood flows through pulmonary circulation, and oxygenated blood flows through systemic circulation.
- The cardiac cycle refers to the contraction and relaxation states of the atria and ventricles.
- Lastly, an electrocardiogram, or EKG, records heartbeat and rhythm.